I have been very busy lately but it does not mean that I've been discounting my lack of time on my way of eating. I still try to get a bunch of good nutrients out of my meals. And this snack nicely fulfills someone's nutrient needs with carbs, fat, protein and a lot of vitamins and minerals. Although spending a little time in the kitchen makes me forget about the crazy, busy world outside. I have to confess that some days I just want to have a quick snack and spend the rest of the night playing with my daughter. And nothing better than sardines and crackers to save the day (or rather, the night) when you have an empty fridge or a tired body!!!And since I can't eat without seeing greens on my plate, I decided to complement the snack with some homemade kale chips. Don't get scary, they are really simple and easy to make. But if you are not in the mood to do it, just add chopped parsley or cilantro to the sardine pâté that you'll be OK. Enjoy!
Sardine Pâté

Ingredients:
1 pack of wild caught sardines
1 tablespoon (tbsp) chopped onions
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Whole grains (gluten-free) crackers to serve with the pâté
Procedure:
- Finely chop the sardines and mix all the ingredients together.
Homemade Sesame-Kale Chips
Ingredients:
1 bunch kale
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Procedure:
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Wash and rinse the kale leaves. Remove the leaves from the stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Dry the leaves on the salad spinner or with some paper towels. Place them in a bowl and first add the oil, then the seeds and sprinkle with salt. Mix well.
- Place the kale mixture in a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven for about 10 min.


No comments:
Post a Comment