Friday, August 3, 2012

Vegan Cauliflower Cream - Super easy!!!































Rich in antioxidants that prevent the degeneration of cells and combat tumor growth. The choice of today is CAULIFLOWER! I made up the following recipe when I got home hungry one day and had nothing besides cauliflower and leeks in my fridge. It came out very tasty, I added some rice and it became a delicious cauliflower risotto. But the following recipe is just for the cream. Soon I'll post the "millet-cauliflower-hiziki" risotto recipe for you guys.

Ingredients:

1 cauliflower
1 leek
1tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt or more to taste
Water

Procedure:

-->
Wash and cut the cauliflower into medium pieces. Wash and cut the leek into half moon pieces. In a medium pot, add the cauliflower, salt and enough water to cover the cauliflower. Boil until cauliflower is very soft (about 8min).
Place the cauliflower with ½ of the cooking water in a blender and blend until very creamy. You may add more water until you find the right consistency.
In the same pot you cooked the cauliflower, add the olive oil and saute the leek for about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower purée, let it boil and serve while hot.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!
    Beautiful work!!!
    ALL THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosky.
      I think you'd also enjoy the Yam and Butternut squash soup. Very similar to these one in the making process. Happy new year and all the best to you too

      Delete