Friday, June 14, 2013

In Love with My New Wok Pan!


 
































I was postponing to buy a wok pan simply because my kitchen could not handle one additional piece of cookware. But I figured out a way to resolve this space issue (a very common problem among New Yorkers). I decided to use the top of my cabinets to place some pots and pans, including my new wok. And in fact it gave the apartment a nice decoration touch! 

In addition to complementing my apt decor, the wok had amazingly improved the taste of my vegetables. You won't believe that 1 drop of oil and a wok could make broccoli, burdock, or bok choy (just to name a few) go a looooong way!

So think about getting this taste enhancer + inexpensive pan to give a twist on your cooking methods and taste buds!!!

The following picture is from the wok I bought and the link to buy it. It is a carbon-steel wok and it costs only $28. In fact, for woks, you should be looking for carbon-steel or cast-iron materials. Stay away from woks made with aluminum or that is coated with Teflon. These materials can't stand up to the high temperatures required for wok cooking. So I chose the carbon-steel wok because it's light and easy to handle, inexpensive and of great quality!!!




  http://www.amazon.com/Joyce-Chen-21-9972-Classic-Carbon-Steel/dp/B002AQSWNE/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1368641922&sr=1-5
















Before I forget, it is very important that before starting to use the new wok, you must season it in order to remove the manufacture's coating and to improve its anti-adherent quality. I found this great step by step video while doing a Google search to correctly season my wok. This process worked very well for mine so it might work for yours too.

Some dishes made with the wok:


Chinese Cabagge

Shrimp and Broccoli stir-fry

Shimeji Mushrooms with Onions

 


1 comment:

  1. Sua cozinha ficou muito charmosa com a solução de colocar suas panelas no topo,bjs

    ReplyDelete