Food could be used not only to satisfy hunger, but also to heal or damage the mind and the body.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Macrobiotic - Winter Seminar
Last week I went to the XXXV seminar about macrobiotics with Tomio Kikuchi in Mairiporã - SP Brasil. It was a great week in the middle of the woods, where people were doing nothing else besides learning, eating and breathing macrobiotics.
I went with my daughter Flor, who is almost 4 years old. She had so much fun, cooking, playing and learning with other kids who shared the same eating principals as her. Therefore, I guess she was the one who took the most out of this experience, not me! It was a great experience for her to see that she is not an exception to the rule, and that there is nothing strange on the way she eats or relates to food. In fact, she's just another little girl who very much enjoy brown rice, tofu, burdock and lotus root tea. I think it was very important for me and her to share our experience, our difficulties and happy moments with other families that also encounter the same obstacles when trying to raise kids with a natural natural approach to dieting and healing. I did not have to worry about sweets and treats, processed food, televison, mass media, pollution, etc... It was a week of peace and joy with happy families, great talks, beautiful environment and healthy food. I learned a lot during this week, and it was a great opportunity to mature and evolve my thoughts!
I'm so happy and greatful for my Master Kikuchi who is 87 years old, and still provides us with great teachings and answers. He's a great example to follow. Thank You!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oi Bela,
ReplyDeleteSenti sua falta nos últimos dias!!!
Já estou de volta à realidade e morrendo de saudade daquele universo paralelo maravilhoso.
Sem dúvidas que aquele lugar é uma benção para as crianças. A Flor ficou SOLTA por lá!
Ano que vem Kushi Summer Conference, hein??
Vamos nos falando...
Beijos!!
Oi Camila,
ReplyDeleteeu queria mto ter ficado mas tive que voltar na sexta por causa da Flor que estava com febre. Tudo por causa da maldita gelatina rosa que a Senhora Japonesa hilária deu e que nem consegui ficar chateada com ela! hahaha
Mas a tal da gelatina deixou a Flor vomitando, com febre, e uma afta gigantesca na garganta! Só hj que ela foi melhorar. Não sabia que aquele negócio era tão podre e venenoso assim!
Vi as fotos que vc colocou do banquete, ai devia estar tudo uma delicia. Mas vou deixar para um outro ano. E ano que vem Summer Conference...
Beijos e até breve